Tuesday, February 15, 2011

They were Dancing like Strippers, But They Kept Their Clothes on

'Hip Hop in a Honky Tonk' video by Colt Ford features Nashville's only noise/experimental venue, Betty's Bar and Grill, on 49th and Charlotte Pike. You can see the outside of Betty's about the :37 second mark to about :48 seconds in. This guy is a genius. And I'm positive this song was written for Betty's. "I'll give you twenty bucks if you turn that shit off, if you ask me it outta be outlawed...hip hop in a honky tonk." Wow, that's what I hear every native West Nashville regular say when I play 'Mrs. Officer' by Lil' Wayne or 'Over(I'm doing me)' by Drake when I am bar tending at Betty's. Perfection. Why wasn't Colt Ford nominated for a Grammy? Check it out:

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, and now I can watch the best virtual strippers on my taskbar.