Friday, October 14, 2011

Thurston Moore & Kim Gordon Announce Split


A representative from Matador Records confirmed Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore are splitting after 27 years of marriage via Spin. The future of Sonic Youth is up in the air for now. They request that their personal privacy be respected and do not wish to comment on the issue further at this time.

On a personal note, Kim and Thurston are two of the most amazing people I have ever met and I wish the best for both of them. Sonic Youth's music has been part of my life since I was a kid, and whatever happens I hope they all know they are the best band of all time and they have and will always inspire me.

5 comments:

Ray said...

That's kinda heart breaking. May they be free.

Ray said...

That's kinda heart breaking. May they be free.

Anonymous said...

c'mon tear em apart !!

Anonymous said...

Hugs to Thurston. You've always been an enthusiastic noise supporter and cool dude, and that's meant a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

LESLIE KEFFER SUCKS. I HOPE YOU DIE.